DMR –DIGITAL MOBILE RADIO. DMR (MotoTrbo) was selected by South Carolina ARES as the preferred digital amateur radio technology. Aiken county, Two Field Com kits and SCHEART emergency communications trailers are equipped with DMR repeaters. SCHEART team has developed an extensive network of DMR repeaters around South Carolina.
From our Edgefield County Hospital station, with 4 watts to a roof top antenna, we can use the Aiken, Beech Island and Greenwood UHF DMR repeaters.
WEBSITES THAT SUPPORT DMR INFORMATION:
1. Below link provides DMR ID registration and search of data base.
2. Below link provides radio reviews and many details on how to use DMR networks. Good detail on many additional technical details of DMR.
3. Below link is to the Motorola Amateur Radio Club, DMR-MARC network world wide website.
4. Below link provides in depth detail to the Brandmeister DMR network world wide. Search for repeater and user activity by call sign. A lot of data is available including live listening to specific talk groups.
5. Below link provides non ham DMR licenses in your selected county. Example, you may want to listen to local police, fire and other emergency services on your DMR radio. Many analog commercial systems have migrated to DMR (Mototrbo).
6. Below link is to multi radio code plug (programing DMR radio) management software.
7. Below link is to article on DMR usage and technical details.
8. Below link is to very detailed article on DMR.
9. Below link is to the INTERSTATE NETWATCH wide area last heard data.
10. Below link is to the NCPRN Network — Used by SC Heart DMR repeaters. Note the Last Heard tab will show activity within the NCPRN Network and your signal strength into the repeater you are using. Outside NCPRN TG not shown at this time.
11. Below link is to SharkRF Open Spot.2 (Generic name “Hot Spot”) — Hardware system for connecting your radio to all digital modes using a WiFi connection to the internet, no repeater needed. Cross mode is available.
12. Below link is to “Repeater Book” for South Carolina DMR repeaters.
13. Below link details SCHEART DMR repeater information. Text describing how to use SCHEART DMR system. Also provides data on frequencies and talk groups available during normal or emergency operation.
14. DMR: A TECHNICAL OVERVIEW